How to Attract Talent in 2021
Join Impact Recruitment’s Michael Scott, Vice President, Building Division and Mark Fedyshen Practice Lead, Construction + Development for a fireside style chat about the new reality of hiring with relevant advice on what’s happening in the industry to find new talent.
Things have changed for everyone, regardless of the specifics of your business and we need to look at the fundamentals of HOW DO WE HIRE now that things have changed (and are changing).
- The new reality of hiring, relevant advice on what’s happening in the industry and what movement is happening within it
- What do people want now? How can we attract the best talent? What are other organizations doing to retain/attract key employees?
- Tools available for an business that needs to hire, one of them being working with a recruiter potential topics also include things that are important to candidates (socially responsible employers, work-life balance, mental health, volunteer opportunities, diversity and inclusion), community engagement, job security, fear of burnout, importance of company reputation/branding
Any member facing challenges hiring new staff.
- Fireside chat, speakers have a conversation based on some predetermined questions
- Q+A, questions from the audience
Michael Scott Vice President, Building Division Impact Recruitment
Michael Scott is a Vancouver-based recruitment professional with over two decades of experience in Canada and Australia. With proven success in both agency and internal recruitment, Michael joined Impact Recruitment in 2012. Bringing with him an extensive network of professional contacts and a vast knowledge of the recruitment industry, Michael played an integral role in establishing the company’s Building + Construction Division, which expanded into the property industry in 2013.
In the years following, Michael has fostered relationships with top organizations and associations, including VRCA, UDI, ICBA, PAMA, BOMA, HAVAN and the BCIT School of Construction and the Environment. In his current role as Vice President of the Building Division, Michael is a coach and mentor to eleven individuals whose respective teams specialize in Construction + Development, Construction Subtrades and Property, Building + Facilities Management. Impact Recruitment’s Building Division consistently places top talent with clients in organizations at a local, national and multi-national level.
Mark Fedyshen, Practice Lead, Construction + Development, Impact Recruitment
Mark Fedyshen graduated from the University of Victoria with a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering. After five years in construction management with a mechanical contractor, Mark joined Impact Recruitment’s Building Division. Over the past 5 ½ years, Mark has steadily grown in his role within the organization, while maintaining his focus on construction and development. In his current position as Practice Lead, Mark manages and mentors a team of recruiters specializing in construction subtrades and site management.