- Build consumer and industry confidence with the HAVAN brand. Get known as a professional in your field!
- Be a part of the Voice of the Residential Construction Industry.
- Gain access to member-only HAVAN resources and make your business more successful.
- Take advantage of HAVAN’s major marketing opportunities for your business (over 100 events per year!)
- Meet industry leaders and develop your business connections at exclusive HAVAN networking events.
Who are HAVAN members?
- New home builders ranging from small building companies to BC’s largest builders
- Renovators ranging from small to large companies across Metro Vancouver
- Trade contractors including plumbers, electricians, drywallers, carpenters (and the list goes on)
- Leading manufacturers of brand-name building products and supplies
- Suppliers from building supply chains and other individual local companies
- Financial institutions such as banks, credit unions, mortgage providers, and warranty providers
- Governments and Associations from municipal, provincial and federal groups
- Service and professional groups including designers, lawyers, accountants, realtors, marketing companies, media people and more
When are applications for membership approved?
Prior to the monthly Board of Directors meeting, all applications for membership are submitted to the general HAVAN membership for review and comment. Then, at the HAVAN Board of Directors meeting, applications are reviewed and the Board votes to accept new members.
What are the requirements for membership in HAVAN?
- All applicants are required to submit a completed application form and a bank reference letter. Applicants must also agree to abide by HAVAN’s Code of Ethics.
- Builders and renovators must submit four referrals in total, two of which must be current HAVAN members. Where applicable, BC Housing and third-party warranty information must also be submitted.
- All other membership categories must submit two referrals with their application, both of which must be HAVAN members.
What does HAVAN do?
Positioned as the voice of the residential construction industry in Greater Vancouver, HAVAN provides our members with industry representation at all levels of government and media, offering industry and consumers education and plus networking and marketing opportunities. See Benefits of Joining for more information.
May I use the HAVAN logo on my website or with advertising my company does?
If you are a member in good standing, your company may use the HAVAN logo. For digital logo files, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When are the dinner meetings or luncheons held?
Meetings take place February, April, October and November, usually on the first Wednesday of the month. Members can book tabletops to promote their products or services. The meetings are an excellent opportunity to network with peers and industry leaders, as well as keep up to date with residential construction issues.
How can I get involved with the Association?
With ten committees, councils or task forces to choose from, there are lots of opportunities to contribute, exchange ideas, promoting best practice, network or build your industry knowledge. To join, check out the Committee Page for contact detail or call the office at 778-565-4288. We pride ourselves on being a member-driven association and welcome participation at all levels.
Can non-members attend dinner meetings or committees?
Non-members can attend a dinner meeting as a guest with a member of HAVAN, or if invited by staff. Committees, councils or task forces are strictly for members.
How do I apply for an Ovation Award?
HAVAN oversees the Ovation Awards’ programme. Call 778-565-4288 or visit www.ovationawards.ca. Please note that this is a members’ only awards programme. You must be a member of HAVAN to participate.
How do I apply for a Georgie Award?
CHBA-BC oversees the Georgie Awards’ programme. Call 604-432-7112 or visit www.georgieawards.ca. Please note that this is a members’ only awards programme. You must be a member of a local Homebuilders’ Association.
How can I advertise in Homebuilders Association Vancouver publications?
Only members may advertise in HAVAN publications and on the website. Details can be found here. Contact the office at 778-565-4288 to book your ads today.