Meets, Cheese & CPDs
Fall Education and Product Showcase
Join us for an afternoon of learning that includes a showcase of products and services related to the business of residential construction. Food and refreshment will be served throughout the event and entry is free.
What You Can Expect:
Earn up to 5 CPD points
Meet with professional, reliable suppliers and sub-trades.
The opportunity to network with industry leaders and colleagues in a fun and lively atmosphere.
Delicious food and refreshments.
Learn about the latest building technologies and materials. See new products!
Take advantage of special discounts and promotions by exhibitors.
Registration greatly appreciated.
Builders, Renovators, Architects, Sub-trades, Site personnel, Designers, anyone who needs to add to their knowledge base as it relates to residential construction
CPD Courses and the trade show will run from Noon to 5 pm. Courses available and exhibitor information to come.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
Custom Building Products Canada:
Large Format Tile
- What is Large Format Tile
- Importance of Surface Preparation
- Substrate Deflection
- Installation Procedures
- Grouting of Large Format Tile
Air Tightness & Moisture Management – Strategies in High Performance Building Envelopes
A fresh look at the features of resilient and efficient envelope design that examines the key layers that comprise the fabric of the building, and how a well-planned weather, air, and vapor sealing strategy avoids risk and saves money.
- Learn how Blueskin VP can assist in lowering your ACH and help you meet the requirements of the BC step code
- Learn about the positive effects of a fully adhered Air Barrier System on wind washing and thermal performance of insulation.
- Learn proper details of Air Barrier Systems and why they are important
- Technical building science issues such as the cause and effect of air & vapour leakage through the building envelope..
- Features and benefits of both Self Adhered Sheet Applied and Liquid Flashing Membranes.
Quad-Lock® Building Systems:
ICFs and Net Zero Energy Buildings: Fit and Function
This one-hour presentation summarizes the many ways that Insulating Concrete Form construction technology supports the objectives and criteria found emerging high-performance net-zero energy building codes and other guidelines, including BC Step Codes, Built-Green, and Passive House.
Focus will be on building envelope performance, in particular elimination of thermal bridging and airtightness.
New and practical details on window/door installation in ICF walls will be illustrated as demonstrated in recent field research concluded here in BC.
Schluter Systems Canada:
Next Generation Bathroom Design – The Importance Of Proper Waterproofing:
- Recognize the benefits of bonded waterproofing technology and how it has revolutionized tiled showers.
- Learn how to create a fully waterproof and vapour-tight enclosure.
- Learn simple and effective solutions to protect moisture sensitive substrates, prevent mold growth and capillary action, and preserve the integrity of the tiled surface.
- Identify the benefits and challenges associated with barrier free showers open concept bathrooms.