Stone has long been one of the foundations for home construction. Its rounded shape and smooth texture make it the perfect decorative accent for any room in your house. Incorporating stone into your design can add a touch of modern elegance to a bedroom or a bit of rustic class to a kitchen. Your possibilities are endless when you are looking to incorporate this material into everyday décor in some of the most commonly used rooms in your home.
There are several ways of integrating stone into your living room décor to make it rustic and warm or simple and modern:
- Installing a stone fireplace can make your living room inviting and perfect for entertaining. Create a tall, dramatic fireplace lined with light-colored stone as the room’s focal point. By allowing light to filter in this space, you can bring a soothing and simple yet lively touch to the room.
- Stone walls in a living room can reflect a cheerful and breezy environment with a bright and natural feel. A stacked stone or accent wall is a good idea for contemporary living rooms because it prevents the area from having a dull or cold appearance.
The bathroom is one of those areas in a home where its elements can be strongly linked to the outdoors. Using stone in this room is a natural fit because of the freshness and texture it adds to the space. There are many innovative ways to use stone in a bathroom:
- A stone shower is a natural oasis and creates an inviting sanctuary to help you relax from normal, everyday stress. You can also place stone accents around a bathtub to generate either a rustic or modern style.
- Contemporary bathrooms are the perfect settings for natural stone elements such as sinks. If you have a small bathroom, consider a stone pedestal sink in the corner. It won’t take up much room, but adds a modern touch.
Using stone accents in a bedroom can create a romantic atmosphere. They are timeless, beautiful and dramatic.
- A Zen wall installation in the bedroom can help create a peaceful escape and encourage a restful night’s sleep. This is a great way to de-stress from the busy day. Stone walls add an element of simplicity and natural goodness to contemporary and modern bedrooms.
- A stone fireplace surround, while looks great in a living room, can bring a touch of romance to the bedroom. Stone room elements can take us back to a comforting and organic time in our lives.
Using stone in a kitchen will make a statement about you and how you value cooking for your family and friends. This is the room in your house where you eat, bake holiday cookies, do homework and more. In many ways, it is the center of the home, and it should have tons of personality. Stone can help you create a loving and inviting environment with these designs:
- Natural stone countertops are extremely popular in today’s kitchens. Granite, marble and quartz are sought after by many home cooks because they are not only beautiful, but durable.
- If you have a breakfast bar in your kitchen, consider adding stone on its front and side panels to create an amazing focal point. It definitely creates a rustic, homey feeling in this room.
- Finally, designing a stone backsplash adds a striking balance in your kitchen. Depending on the type of stone and color you choose, you can create something elegant or classic, according to your taste.
Using stone on the interior of your home can create an atmosphere that can be luxurious and rustic or charming and inviting. It can transform your home from a country ranch to a contemporary and modern haven.
Blog by I-XL Building Products Ltd.